Dawn- Owner & Photographer When I started photographing women 7 years ago, I never dreamed that we would have the opportunity to touch the lives of so many fabulous ladies. From the girl next door, to the soccer mom looking to feel sexy again, I have found that every woman is unique and beautiful in her own way. However… as women we also tend to share a lot of “interests”… shoe shopping anyone?? We know that coming in for a photo shoot is certainly nerve wracking, so we want you to feel like you’re hanging with your girlfriends for the day! So here is a little about me:
1. I have 2 kitties that I adore.
2. I am obsessed with JCrew and covet my monthly catalog.
3. I hate the cold and would love to live in Miami.
4. My favorite food is Mexican.
5. I drink coffee constantly- cream, no sugar.
6. My favorite color is pink, but all my clothes are black, white, or gray.
7. Leopard print anything makes me happy… and it goes with black, white, and gray.
8. I wear flip flops… even in the winter. Shannon actually got me UGG flip flops, love them :)
9. I am a firm believer that if you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.
10. I am so grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful and amazing friends on a daily basis.
It doesn’t get any better than this!
Shannon- Makeup Artist & Stylist I am the makeup magic behind the scenes. My mother has always expressed the sentiment “How did my tomboy daughter become a makeup artist?”. In an effort to share a little about myself, I will start with telling you I am a walking contradiction! Here are a few tidbits to start off…you can learn the rest while I’m transforming you into a supermodel for your photo shoot.
1. I LOVE to apply makeup to other people, from the smallest enhancement to full blown makeup, but on myself, poor Dawn has to twist my arm to get me to wear mascara!
2. Anyone that knows me knows how MUCH I love shoes, especially heels, the higher the better. BUT I can NOT wear heels while doing makeup!
3. I’m a complete and utter chocoholic!!! The darker the better, and if caramel accompanies it, I’m in heaven!!!!
4. I’m a total sucker for animals, especially my fur kids, Romeo and Juliet.
5. I love to bake, although it’s looking like gluten free is the way to go for the “Glamour Bitches” these days!
6. I feel so proud and priviledged that I was blessed with my makeup skills. I plan on sharing as much of this talent as I can, to help women realize that we each have a glamourous side and are all beautiful!
Kristen- Super Assistant & Everything Behind the Scenes Let me start out by saying how very happy and excited I am to have the oppurtunity to introduce myself to many of the beautiful girls we’ve had the pleasure of working with, or to some of you finding us for the first time! I have gotten the chance to meet some of our previous clients, but because my role here at GB is kind of “behind the scenes”, I sadly miss out on meeting everyone. I talk to so many of you girls over emails and phone calls, that I feel like I have known some of you forever. You all in some way have kindly let me into your own personal lives, talked to me about some of your fears and apprehensions, and the reasons why you are coming to see us. It means the world to me that, in return, I can share some of my life with you all (and put a face to my name and many emails.. LOL) So, in typical “Kristen” fashion I made a list..
1. First and foremost, I am a mother to my 2 beautiful children.. Ava (3yrs) and Roman (18 months). They are the reason I live and they teach me so much about the world. Because of them I am a better person.
2. I am a HUGE animal advocate. I volunteer at our local shelter; dog walking and feeding kitties. I’m also a volunteer with BCAA of NJ as animal foster parent.
3. I belong to the Home and School Committee for Moorestown’s proud “Baker Elementary” school. Which means I get to help paint crafts, decorate the school and classrooms & plan fundraisers (and I DO think thats cool)
4. There is nothing I enjoy more than interior design and making things “pretty”.
5. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I rarely say “NO”. I do try.. .but it never sticks. I like helping.
6. I absolutely love fashion, clothes, accessories, shoes, etc.. my closet is a collection. But I wear the same “jeans/leggings & tshirts” combo all the time.
7. I love my family and friends but I like to be alone a lot. Being alone to me means time to reflect, heal and think. It’ a good thing.
8. I can be impatient, moody and quirky. I’m also sensitive, caring and insightful. I know my strengths & weaknesses.
9. I can drive a stick shift, shoot a gun and parallel park in one attempt. I think that’s pretty impressive.